Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Quarter's End: Lietuvos

First of all, by the end of the week I'll bring the solution of the riddle of my last post, so you still have time to write me an e-mail and try...

And now focusing in today's post, last week I was watching some games to prepare a special report of the Spanish King's Cup (will be played next week) and I found this interesting situation.

It's a Lithuanian team, Lietuvos Rytas, whose coach, Rimas Kurtinaitis is very well known in Spain, as he played for Real Madrid (where he played with Arvidas Sabonis) and if my memory still works I would say that he even took part in one of the NBA All Star Shootout contests.

What we see today is a simple situation to get a good shot at the end of the shotclock or at the end of a quarter.

They try to make the other team (the Spanish Gran Canaria) think that the man with the ball will play the one on one, and as the defenders get closer to the paint in order to avoid it, one of the posts set a back pick for the shooter, who receives in the corner and shoots. They run this situation quite often, and even though they didn't score in that game, I liked the idea.

Here are the images...



No comments: