Monday, February 23, 2009

Spanish King's Cup New Champion: TAU

The "Copa del Rey" has ended, with an astounding final, TAU 100-Unicaja 98 after an overtime. It's been a great game between two great teams commanded by two extraordinary coaches as Aito García Reneses (Unicaja Malaga) and Dusko Ivanovic (TAU).

So, our first "party" is over. I can tell that I've enjoyed this four days, watching the best European tournament of the moment, and also trying different experiences, as my collaboration for Solobasket with the Quarter finals and the Semifinals previews.

I've also made some experiments with Twitter, following some of the games, and adding diagrams of what was happening on the court... I'll keep working with it, and maybe I'll surprise you in the next big European event, the Euroleague Final Four.

I've read great articles about the Cup, as the ones from Jonathan Givony, which you can read here and here. I think there's at least another one to come.

I discovered an interesting interview with Fotis Katsikaris throug a very good spanish blogger, Aitor Pilan. The interview is in spanish, but I know some of you are already studying my mother language, so I hope it will be a good reading exercise.

And Dusko Ivanovic's words after his team's victory (with some bullets towards his former team, Barcelona)

Let me not forget the new J.F.Escudero's book, "Extranjeros ACB" ("ACB foreigners"). He's becoming a reference writer if we look for information about basketball (European, NBA, Spanish) and he presented his last book during the Spanish Cup.

So, there have been many things during these four days, but now I'll go back to the day to day, and soon I'll bring some interesting basketball situations I hope you'll like.

No comments: