Gran Canaria faced Baskonia last game, and they were ready to play against Lamont Hamilton.
- They managed to force Hamilton to receive with both feet outside of the paint (many times!) so they don't need to help at all.
- Xavi Rey does a good 1 on 1 defensive work.
- They seem to be ready to deny easy drives towards baseline.
- They hedge really well, mostly from ball side which can appear to be counterintuitive, but it is seen more and more often in top level basketball.
- Hedge / help coming from different positions / players (sometimes from the passer, sometimes from the top, sometimes from both… not easy for Hamilton to get used to it)
- They give their players some freedom to make decisions, sometimes they can decide to be even more aggressive and double team (surprise!)
- They have a solution for the middle ball screen problem (when playing "show" with the big guy's defender)